We are looking for Support Service Employees (Kitchen, Laundry and Cleaning duties) to work at one of our facilities in Corowa, NSW. The role is casual with a variety of AM and PM shifts.
At Southern Cross Care we believe that our purpose is to empower older people to ‘live life to the full’. We offer a full continuum of personalised, expert services and adapt to meet the needs of each persona and their family, providing aged care services through home care, retirement living and residential facilities. At SCC people are at the heart of everything we do. We have a passion to provide the best care to our clients and to ensure we care and support our employees in achieving this goal.
About the Role:
As a SSE, your duties would include, but not limited to:
- Cleaning: dusting, wiping, sanitising all common areas, surfaces, kitchen, resident rooms and vaccuming, emptying bins, mopping and scrubbing bathrooms, laundry and linen rooms
- Kitchen: During serving of meals, ensure continual checks for nutrition, colour, flavour, consistency, texture, and visual appeal are appropriate, Assisting with morning and afternoon tea, establish and maintain high level hygeine practices, and general cleanliness of the kitchen
- Laundry: Sort clothing, garments and linen and identify appropriate laundry care required and operate cleaning and drying equipment safely and effectively
- General assistance: Making beds, changing linen, tidying and replenishing supplies, and stocking toiletries
What are we looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Genuine compassion and enthusiasm in the role
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Empathy for frail and older persons
- Flexibility to work on rotating shifts morning & afternoon Mon-Sun
This is a great opportunity, so please don't delay your application â apply today. If you'd like more information or to have a confidential chat about this opportunity, feel free to contact us via the details below:
Email: email@example.com, Phone: 02 8321 2530