We are looking for a Registered Nurse experienced in Quality and Clinical Education (QCE) in Aged care for a full-time (part-time) role as a QCE Support Manager in Regional NSW. This role is to provide quality, clinical governance and clinical education support for residential facilities or home care services and to promote contemporary practices across Residential facilities situated in Cootamundra, Young and Parkes, NSW.
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) is a not-for-profit organisation with a mission is to empower older people to ‘live life to the full’. For the last 50 years our name has been trusted by the community to provide care and support for thousands of people in over 40 locations across NSW and the ACT.
We have a passion for providing the best care with clinical excellence. We offer person-centred care services to meet individual needs and preferences in residential aged care as well as in-home care. At SCC, people are at the heart of everything we do. We support our employees to excel!
About the role: As a QCESM, your duties would include but not limited to:
- Quality Management System and Clinical Governance: provide clinical, quality management and continuous improvement advice to Regional Managers and Facility Managers to achieve effective and robust quality system with adherences to legislative requirements and accreditation standards
- Ability to identify risks and manage appropriately
- Clinical Education and Training: Participate in the development and implementation of organisation education and training plans in collaboration with the Quality Support Team and Learning and Development
- Have the ability to put together a responsive and coordinated education strategy and collaborate with the Quality Support Team in development and sourcing of specific education and training
- Provide staff clinical supervision/coaching, as directed by the Clinical Governance and Systems Support Manager / Regional Manager, to ensure work is performed competently, within a legislative and ethical framework and supports the rights and interests of consumers
- Maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships
- WHS and Infection Control: Comply with SCC Work Health and Safety, Workers Compensation and Return to Work policies, procedures and programs
- Abide by Registered Nurse Standards of Practice
What are we looking for:
An AHPRA Registered RN with a Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (working towards or willing to obtain) and a Current Drivers Licence will be a great fit for the role. A demonstrated commitment to Continuing Professional Development and a post graduate qualification in Adult Education/ Aged Care/ Palliative Care/ Mental Health will be a bonus.
- Minimum of three (3) years post registration clinical experience
- Willing to travel between 4 facilities: Cootamundra, Harden, Parkes, and Young NSW
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating workplace practices against accreditation standards, quality systems, and organisation policies and procedures
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and continuous improvement of quality systems
- Working with learners using adult education approaches
- Clinical supervision and assessment of competency
- Computer literacy: Use of integrated clinical management software applications e.g. AutumnCare, Procura
- Excellent communication skills, report writing, analytical problem-solving skills
- Sound knowledge of Aged Care Accreditation Standards, Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) and relevant State and Commonwealth legislation