Relocate to NSW’s northernmost coastal town Tweed Heads/Banora Point!
Beautiful beaches, abundance of local fresh produce and a sprawling hinterland to explore, you’ll be so close to Queensland that you may step over the border without even realising. With the ocean to the east and the Tweed Range to the west, it is centred on the remnant of a massive extinct volcano and has been dubbed ‘Australia’s Green Cauldron’. With miles and miles of beaches to explore or take a day trip to the Gold Coast or Brisbane, Tweed Heads/Banora Point is a refreshing coastal lifestyle, with a great mix of laid back ease and just enough bustle to feel alive.
Tweed Heads/Banora Point is 822km from Sydney but only 104km from Brisbane.
Why join us?
We have a long history of providing exceptional care that empowers older people to live a full life. As a not-for-profit aged care provider, we’re able to invest in providing an exceptional experience to our clients as well as support and develop our frontline staff to achieve this. When you join us, you will be provided with a relocation package, competitive rate of pay with shift allowances, not-for-profit salary packaging benefits and the support of a wonderful leadership team and colleagues.
We have several opportunities for permanent full-time, however we will also consider part time hours if you are looking for greater flexibility (and more time to enjoy that country air!). Your role will incorporate:
- Complete holistic assessments
- Develop appropriate care plans
- Evaluate and make clinical decisions
- Guide our care staff
- Improve the quality of life of our Residents
You are a dedicated and compassionate Registered Nurse who endeavours to provide safe and effective direct nursing care in line with nursing best practice principles. To achieve this you will have:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse and demonstrated Aged Care/Hospital experience
- Availability to work a rotating roster which includes morning, afternoon and night duties
- Ability to communicate effectively and patiently with a range of Residents with a variety of health issues
- A genuine enthusiasm, care and compassion in your commitment to working with older people
- Understanding of ACFI, including charting, assessments, documentation and funding submissions
- Evidence of COVID-19 & influenza vaccinations
About Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT)
We are a not-for-profit organisation with a mission to empower older people to ‘live life to the full’. For the last 50 years our name has been trusted by the community to provide care and support for thousands of people in over 40 locations across NSW and the ACT.
We have a passion for providing the best care with clinical excellence. We offer person-centred care services to meet individual needs and preferences in residential aged care as well as in-home care. At SCC, people are at the heart of everything we do. We support our employees to excel!