Diversional Therapist | North Turramurra | FTE
- Tax benefits to maximise your take-home pay
- Paid training & development
- Reward & recognition program
- Renowned not-for-profit provider
- Friendly and inclusive team
About the role:
Every day we work to earn the trust of the people we care for. We recognise and accept each unique person and support their physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual wellbeing. In this rewarding role you will work in a team environment where every day will be different. As the Central Diversional Therapist, you will support the Engagement and Purposeful Living Manager in supporting homes for accreditation, for the development of meaningful and purposeful resident opportunities, staff education, quality documentation and resource development.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about using their Diversional Therapy experience to truly make a difference. This position is based in North Turramurra and offered as permanent full-time, Monday to Friday.
As a Diversional therapy, you will:
- Coordinate the planning, implementation and evaluation of a holistic leisure program based directly on residents needs, wants and preferences
- Be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individualised leisure and recreational programs for our residents.
- Support the Management Team to maintain oversight of the leisure and lifestyle staff and overall leisure and lifestyle service provision
- Provide direct oversight and support to the Lifestyle staff to ensure the provision of high-quality services that meet the resident’s individual needs
- Facilitate and coordinate a dynamic, resident driven leisure program that supports, challenges and enhances the psychological, social, emotional, physical, spiritual and cultural wellbeing of our residents.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to all staff in relation to meeting the resident’s leisure, cultural and spiritual needs, wants and preferences
- Actively involve residents and / or key stakeholders in the development of Leisure and Lifestyle services and programmes
- Ensure documentation and quality audits are undertaken and actioned as required.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Southern Cross Care’s Risk Management and Quality Standards, processes and requirements as they relate to clinical practice and overall resident care
About you, you will have:
- An accepted university qualification including Bachelor of Health Science (Therapeutic Recreation), Bachelor of Health Science (Leisure and Health), Bachelor of Applied Science (Leisure and Health), Diploma in Diversional Therapy or an Associate Diploma in Applied Science (Diversional Therapy) or other qualification deemed acceptable.
- Demonstrated experience as a Diversional Therapist
- Experience working with older people receiving care
- Sensitivity to, and understanding of, the needs of older people
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills with computers and electronic record-keeping software/systems
- Ability to set and maintain high standards in the provision of quality care and support services
- Preferably have some experience in supervising staff
- Availability to work Monday to Friday
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) is a leading not-for-profit high-quality aged care provider. For 50 over years, our name has been trusted by the community to provide care and support services for thousands of people in over 40 locations across NSW and the ACT
At Southern Cross Care we believe that our purpose is to empower older people to "live life to the full". We offer a full continuum of personalised, expert services and adapt to meet the needs of each person and their family, providing aged care services through home care, retirement living and residential facilities. At SCC people are at the heart of everything we do.
How to Apply
This is a great opportunity, so please don't delay your application, apply today. If you'd like more information or to have a confidential chat about this opportunity, feel free to contact us via the details below:
Name: Shaista Ali-Skinner