- Tax benefits to maximise your take-home pay
- Paid training & development
- Reward & recognition program
- Renowned not-for-profit provider
- Friendly and inclusive team
At Southern Cross Care we believe that our purpose is to empower older people to "live life to the full". We offer a full continuum of personalised, expert services and adapt to meet the needs of each person and their family, providing aged care services through home care, retirement living and residential facilities. At SCC people are at the heart of everything we do. We have a passion to provide the best care to our clients and to ensure we care and support our employees in achieving this goal.
These rewarding opportunities for Maintenance Officer - full-time will be located in our homely facility in Casino.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- Trade qualification (desirable)
- Current driver license
- Previous experience in either building, fitter and turner, welder or plumber
- Experience as Maintenance Person in Aged Care or similar industry (desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication with interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of people
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Sensitivity to the needs of the elderly in a residential care setting
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and appropriate relationship with residents and/or families/representatives
- You will be responsible in providing basic general maintenance repairs (electrical & plumbing, carpentry and building)
- You will also be providing gardening maintenance tasks (sweeping, hosing, keeping the outside of buildings clean and tidy, mowing lawns, hedging and general garden maintenance)
- Reporting to Maintenance Supervisor
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) is a leading not-for-profit high-quality aged care provider. For 50 over years, our name has been trusted by the community to provide care and support services for thousands of people in over 40 locations across NSW and the ACT. We offer a full continuum of integrated care services for older people, from home care, through to retirement living and residential care.
We have a passion for providing the best care for our residents and to ensure clinical excellence in achieving this goal. We take personal responsibility for providing the best residential care and support to meet our residents’ individual needs and preferences. This includes delivering a range of clinical care services while building and maintaining warm, positive relationships.