As the Leisure and Lifestyle Coordinator you will in conjunction with the Diversional Therapists and be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individualised leisure and recreational programs for our residents. These programs will consist of a range of one to one programs, small group and large group activities including events and specialised activities all driven by the needs, wants and desires of the residents. This position reports to the Facility Manager and Engagement and Purposeful Living Manager Care Operations.
Please click on the link to learn more about Ozanam Residential Care facility and view its warm community setting at the heart of Australian capital.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Facilitate and coordinate a resident driven leisure program that supports, challenges, and enhances the psychological, social, emotional, physical, spiritual and cultural wellbeing of our residents.
- Provide opportunities in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team whereby each individual resident may choose to participate in leisure and recreation activities which promote self-esteem and personal fulfilment.
- Facilitate individual client choice, decision making and participation when developing and managing leisure and recreational programmes.
- Provide leadership and support to all Leisure and Lifestyle staff and work closely with the staff of the home in providing a high-quality person-centered service.
- Monitor and evaluate the program on a regular basis to ensure that it is meeting the needs of the residents, including suggestions on any improvements
- Support the Leisure and Lifestyle Department to meet accreditation requirements.
- Diploma or Certificate IV in Leisure & Lifestyle qualifications (or working towards this)
- Passion for delivering high quality care that makes a difference for our residents.
- Eagerness to grow and develop your aged care career.
- Relevant experience in aged care (desirable)
- Excellent customer service & resident relation skills.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Able to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccinations
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) is a leading not-for-profit high-quality aged care provider. For 50 over years, our name has been trusted by the community to provide care and support services for thousands of people in over 40 locations across NSW and the ACT.
How to Apply
This is a great opportunity, so please don't delay your application, apply today. If you'd like more information or to have a confidential chat about this opportunity, feel free to contact us via the details below:
Name: Sudeepa Banerjee