- Paid training & development
- Tax benefits to maximise your take-home pay
- Car allowance
- Reward & recognition program
- Renowned not-for-profit provider
- Friendly and inclusive team
About the role:
Every day we work to earn the trust of the people we care for. We recognise and accept each unique person and support their physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual wellbeing. In this rewarding role you will work in a team environment where every day will be different. As the Central Diversional Therapist, you will support the Engagement and Purposeful Living Manager in supporting homes for accreditation, for the development of meaningful and purposeful resident opportunities, staff education, quality documentation and resource development.
Initially you will be required to support our facilities within the eastern suburbs and support the Lifestyle Teams and staff across your allocated region to plan, implement and evaluate quality diversional therapy programs based on residents needs, desires and preferences.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about using their Diversional Therapy experience to truly make a difference. This position is based in our Epping head office with regular travel to our facilities and offered as permanent working across Monday to Friday.
As a Diversional Therapy Advisor, you will:
- Provide direct support to the Lifestyle staff within your allocated region to ensure they are providing a high-quality service that meets the residents individual needs.
- Provide education and direct assistance to lifestyle staff so they can develop and maintain quality documentation in relation to each resident of the home including assessment and care planning
- Complete all requisite requirements for membership of Diversional and Recreation Therapy Australia.
- Drive creative and innovative programming approaches to ensure residents are offered quality, meaningful leisure programs, activities and opportunities that enhance their quality of life
- In consultation with the Engagement and Purposeful Living Manager develop and facilitate education and training sessions
- Actively involve residents and / or key stakeholders in the development of Leisure and Lifestyle programmes (both individual and group activities)
- Foster open communication and cooperation within the team, and listening to the input of others to ensure holistic care plans are enacted
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Southern Cross Care’s Risk Management and Quality Standards, processes and requirements as they relate to clinical practice and overall resident care
About you, you will have:
- An accepted university qualification including Bachelor of Health Science (Therapeutic Recreation), Bachelor of Health Science (Leisure and Health), Bachelor of Applied Science (Leisure and Health), Diploma in Diversional Therapy or an Associate Diploma in Applied Science (Diversional Therapy) or other qualification deemed acceptable by the Engagement and Purposeful Living Manager
- A genuine, enthusiastic, caring and compassionate manner in your commitment to working with elderly people
- Experience working in a similar position with proven records of planning programs and supporting facilities meet their lifestyle and leisure goals
- Availability to work Monday to Friday
- Valid drivers license and willingness to travel to our Sydney metro facilities.
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) is a leading not-for-profit high-quality aged care provider. For 50 over years, our name has been trusted by the community to provide care and support services for thousands of people in over 40 locations across NSW and the ACT
At Southern Cross Care we believe that our purpose is to empower older people to "live life to the full". We offer a full continuum of personalised, expert services and adapt to meet the needs of each person and their family, providing aged care services through home care, retirement living and residential facilities. At SCC people are at the heart of everything we do.