Care staff for Young NSW 2594
Are you looking to further your career in aged care by working in a great facility? We are looking for Aged care workers and Enrolled Nurses to work in and support the residents at the 83 bed Residential Aged Care Facility at Young.
Every day we work to earn the trust of the people we care for. We recognise and accept each unique person and support their physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual well-being. In this rewarding role you will work in a team environment where every day will be different.
Your duties will be but not limited to
- Provide emotional and social support whilst assisting residents with a range of daily life activities
- Support residents with self-care including grooming, bathing and dressing
- Assist with mobility including using mechanical lifting aids
- Assist in meal times and social activities
- Medications (if endorsed)
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Certificate III in Aged Care / Individual Support OR Diploma in Nursing
- Experience in similar role in aged care
- Availability to work on a rotating roster, which may involve shifts in the morning, afternoon and night
- A genuine enthusiasm, care and compassion in your commitment to working with elderly people
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to provide personal care
- Able to provide evidence of COVID-19 & influenza vaccinations
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) is a leading not-for-profit high-quality aged care provider. For 50 over years, our name has been trusted by the community to provide care and support services for thousands of people in over 40 locations across NSW and the ACT
At Southern Cross Care we believe that our purpose is to empower older people to "live life to the full". We offer a full continuum of personalised, expert services and adapt to meet the needs of each person and their family, providing aged care services through home care, retirement living and residential facilities. At SCC people are at the heart of everything we do.
How to Apply
This is a great opportunity, so please don't delay your application, apply today. If you'd like more information or to have a confidential chat about this opportunity, feel free to contact us via the details below:
Name: Aparna Sarepaka
Phone: 02 8321 2530