- Tax benefits to maximise your take-home pay
- Paid training & development
- Reward & recognition program
- Renowned not-for-profit provider
- Friendly and inclusive team
At Southern Cross Care we believe that our purpose is to empower older people to "live life to the full". We offer a full continuum of personalised, expert services and adapt to meet the needs of each person and their family, providing aged care services through home care, retirement living and residential facilities. At SCC people are at the heart of everything we do. We have a passion to provide the best care to our clients and to ensure we care and support our employees in achieving this goal.
These rewarding opportunities for Care Service Employees will be located in our homely facility in Maroubra and this is 25 bed facility.
What you will do:
Every day we work to earn the trust of the people we care for. We recognise and accept each unique person and support their physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual well-being. In this rewarding role you will work in a team environment where every day will be different. With your can do attitude, you will be responsible for the direct care of our residents ensuring they are able to "Live Life to the Full" in our home-like environment.
- Providing emotional and social support whilst assisting residents with a range of daily life activities
- Supporting residents with self-care including grooming, bathing and dressing
- Assistance with mobility including using mechanical lifting aids
- Assisting in meal times and social activities
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Certificate III in Aged Care / Individual Support
- Experience in similar role in aged care
- Availability to work on a casual basis, AM/PM rotating shifts
- A genuine enthusiasm, care and compassion in your commitment to working with elderly people
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in personal care
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) is a leading not-for-profit high-quality aged care provider. For 50 over years, our name has been trusted by the community to provide care and support services for thousands of people in over 40 locations across NSW and the ACT. We offer a full continuum of integrated care services for older people, from home care, through to retirement living and residential care.
We have a passion for providing the best care for our residents and to ensure clinical excellence in achieving this goal. We take personal responsibility for providing the best residential care and support to meet our residents’ individual needs and preferences. This includes delivering a range of clinical care services while building and maintaining warm, positive relationships.